Friday, February 15, 2008

Hall wins Australian Ladies Masters on missed putt


In golf, you just don't know what's going to happen. But I'm very thrilled."

"It was windy, but I played very well," Hall added. "I played smart and made some putts when I could."

Shin, who will start her fourth season on the Japanese tour this season, finished with a 68 and was alone in second.

With tears in her eyes, Shin called her missed putt "a bad stroke."

"It was pressure," said Shin through an interpreter. "It was very disappointing as I had played so well over three days."

Another English golfer, 20-year-old Felicity Johnson, had the round of the day - a 65 - to finish tied for third with Sweden's Louise Stahle (67), two strokes back.

"It was quite windy out there, and I didn't make any bogeys, so that was the key," said Johnson, a former British amateur who quit school at 16 to play full-time golf.

Read More

No comments: